Hermocrates - in ancient sources @ attalus.org
This is part of the index of names on the attalus website. The names occur either in lists of events (arranged by year, from the 4th to the 1st century B.C.) or in translations of sources. There are many other sources available in translation online - for a fuller but less precise search, Search Ancient Texts.
On each line there is a link to the page where the name can be found.
- a Syracusan statesman, 5th century B.C.
→ Wikipedia entry
also: Thucydides, 7.22]  & Hermocrates. When an insurr
- father of Dionysius I, the tyrant of Syracuse
78] Dionysius, son of Hermocrates, was in the service
- the brother-in-law of Dionysius I
and the treasury. Hermocrates advised Andron to seize bot
- in documents
ors: Heracleitus, son of . . . Hermocrates, son of Dem
(115) ve instructed Hermokrates, our kinsman] and strateg
(163) Philippos Apollonios Hermokrates Damophon Leonides
xandros Hekataios son of Hermokrates &[ 495/4 ] Hekato
(? 277-275) t were arrayed with Hermokrates; and they took heed
← Search for another name
This page © Andrew Smith, 2016 :
Attalus' home page