Athenaeus - in ancient sources @ attalus.org
This is part of the index of names on the attalus website. The names occur either in lists of events (arranged by year, from the 4th to the 1st century B.C.) or in translations of sources. There are many other sources available in translation online - for a fuller but less precise search, Search Ancient Texts.
On each line there is a link to the page where the name can be found.
- a general of Antigonus I
The Nabataeans defeat Athenaeus, the general of Antigonus.
- son of Midias; the cousin of Attalus II, king of Pergamum
OGIS_331.2, a letter from Attalus to Athenaeus.
(135) ried the daughter of Athenaios son of Midias - that
- dioecetes of Egypt, first century B.C.
BGU_1749, instructions from Athenaeus for the payment of soldiers'
of Eretria - a flatterer of Sisyphus, tyrant of Ephesus
Greek Affairs, says that Athenaeus the Eretrian was a flat
of Naucratis - the author of the Deipnosophists, 3rd century A.D.
→ Wikipedia entry
lines. [20.]  Athenaeus then, having delivered this
"I will tell you," said Athenaeus; " Phylarchus the Athen
rning whom our companion Athenaeus has spoken in his treat
- a poet, the author of several epigrams about philosophers
oks of wisdom. And Athenaeus, the Epigrammatic poet, speak
was the chief good; who Athenaeus thus mentions in an epi
- the father of Metrodorus, 4th century B.C.
Metrodorus, the son of Athenaeus or Timocrates and Sande
- a Syrian general, 2nd century B.C.
laments. & Athenaeus, Antiochus' general, soon met
- son of Attalus I, and brother of Eumenes II
(182) alos, Philetairos and Athenaios and their mother q
- a musician and composer of paeans, 2nd century B.C.
written by a musician called Athenaeus in 128 B.C. & Ada
larities to the paean of Athenaeus, but is rather better
- in documents
(173-169) thmian boys: Athenaios of Patara in Lycia, th
(263-236) uenor , Athenaios of Eresos the son o
(311-306) ros of Abdera, son of Athenaios : 600 Stepha
(250-200) son of Metrodoros 80 Athenaios son of Zopyrion ,
(c. 300/299) hanephoros [(?) after Athenaios] shall allocate m
of Hippomachos son of Athenaios, who restored fre
(163) gnetos Kallistagoras Athenaios Kleostratos Athenodo
(197-159) ] . . . Apollas, Theodoros, Athenaios [and] . . .,
(135) t you know that Athenaios the son of Sosandros, fo
(135) editary priest, my Athenaios, who exceeds in piety
of Athenodorus son of Athenaeus, my father; there
(281) d Pollichos sons of Athenaios Athenaios son of Apol
oulos son of Agasikrates Athenaios son of Dameas Ap
(? 277-275) of Iatrokleiēs Athenaios son of Dionysios An
(261-248) ropoios}, namely: (?) Athenaios son of Eupolis Ph
← Search for another name
This page © Andrew Smith, 2016 :
Attalus' home page